5 Ingredient Sriracha Butter Noodles (can be made vegan)
Makes 2 Servings
8 ounces spaghetti noodles
3 tablespoons butter (vegan sub: Earth Balance butter)
1 ½ cups pecorino or parmesan cheese, freshly grated (vegan sub: 1 cup nutritional yeast)
2 tablespoons Sriracha
1 tablespoon nori komi furikake
COOK THE PASTA
1. Boil water and season with salt.
2. Cook noodles according to packaging instructions, minus a minute or two. Take a bite occasionally until it’s just barely al dente. If your noodles finish cooking before you’re done prepping your sauce, simply remove it from the heat but keep everything in the pot. Do not rinse your noodles!
PREPARE YOUR SAUCE
1. While your pasta is cooking, grate your cheese, prep your butter, and get your Sriracha ready.
2. Preheat a pan on medium heat and melt your butter.
3. As soon as your butter is melted, add ¾ cup of pasta water to the pan. It should simmer right away. Add your cheese (or nutritional yeast) and give your pan a shake and swirl.
4. Remove from heat and add your just barely al dente pasta to the pan, directly from the boiling water.
5. Mix in the Sriracha and add salt to taste. If your sauce is too watery, add more cheese. If it becomes too dry, add more pasta water.
1. Plate in a bowl, and sprinkle furikake on top.
2. Feel free to add more cheese, and more Sriracha to your heart's desire.